Denmark Visa Details

  • Home
  • Denmark Details

Denmark offers various work and residence permits that allow foreigners to work and live in the country. Here are the primary categories:


1. The Pay Limit Scheme: For people who have a job offer with an annual salary above a certain threshold set by the Danish government.


2. The Positive List: This is a list of professions in Denmark facing a shortage of qualified professionals. If your profession is on the Positive List and you have a job offer in that profession, you can apply for a residence and work permit.


3. The Fast Track Scheme: Introduced for certified companies to quickly get permits for highly skilled employees. This scheme has various tracks, such as the Pay Limit Track, the Shortage Occupation Track, and the Researcher Track.


4. Researchers: Researchers who have been offered a job in Denmark can apply under a specific category. Some researchers can also bring certain family members with them.


5. Trainees: If you have been offered a traineeship in a Danish company, you might be eligible for a permit.


6. Artists: If you're an artist, musician, or performer and have a job offer in Denmark, you might qualify under the artist scheme.


7. Athletes: Professional athletes, including coaches, with a contract with a major Danish sports club can apply for a work permit.


8. Self-employed: If you wish to establish a business in Denmark, you can apply as a self-employed person, provided you can show significant personal and professional ties to Denmark.


9. Establishment Card: For graduates from Danish higher education institutions allowing them to stay in Denmark to look for work.


10. Working Holiday: Denmark has working holiday agreements with certain countries, allowing young people to live and work in Denmark for a limited period.


11. Greenland and the Faroe Islands: These territories have their own separate rules, so if you're planning to work in either Greenland or the Faroe Islands, you'll need to consult their respective regulations.


12. EU/EEA and Swiss Citizens: If you're from the EU/EEA or Switzerland, you have the right to work, study, and live in Denmark under the EU regulations on the free movement of people. However, you still need to apply for a registration certificate if you plan to stay for longer than three months.



These are the main categories, but it's essential to understand that each has its specific requirements, conditions, and processes. Furthermore, immigration rules and permit categories might change or be updated over time.


If you or someone you know is considering working in Denmark, it would be wise to check the latest guidelines and information from the Danish Agency for International Recruitment and Integration (SIRI) or consult an immigration lawyer or Talk to our experts.