Poland Visa Details

  • Home
  • Poland Details

Poland offers several types of work permits and visas for foreigners, depending on the nature and duration of the work, as well as the individual's circumstances. As of my last update, the main types of work permits in Poland for non-EU/EEA nationals are categorized as follows:


1. Type A: Issued to foreigners who have signed a work contract with a Polish employer. The employer initiates the process by applying for a work permit for the employee.


2. Type B: For foreigners who intend to perform a function in the management board of a company for a period exceeding six months within a 12-month period.


3. Type C: For those who are employed by a foreign employer and are delegated to Poland to carry out export-related temporary service.


4. Type D: For foreigners delegated to Poland by a foreign employer to work for a branch or plant located in Poland.


5. Type E: For those delegated to Poland for a period exceeding 30 days in a calendar year by a foreign employer that doesn't have a branch, plant, or other form of organized business activity in Poland.


6. Seasonal Work Permit: Issued for seasonal jobs, especially in agriculture and tourism.


7. Declaration on Entrusting Work to a Foreigner: This isn't exactly a work permit, but it's worth mentioning. For specific nationals (like Ukrainians), a simpler procedure can be applied where an employer can declare an intention to employ a foreigner. This declaration is valid for a maximum of six months within a 12-month period.


8. Intra-Corporate Transferees Permit (ICT): For managers, specialists, or trainees transferred within the company from an entity outside the EU to an entity in Poland.


9. EU Blue Card: For highly-skilled non-EU nationals. It requires a valid work contract, a certain minimum salary, and typically requires a higher education degree or equivalent professional experience.


10. Temporary Residence and Work Permit: Combines both work and residence permit. It's issued when the stay on the territory of Poland is related to work performed here.


For EU/EEA and Swiss nationals, the process is more straightforward. They don't need a work permit to work in Poland. However, after a certain period, they may need to register their stay.


It's essential to note that the specifics, criteria, and processes associated with each permit can be detailed and may change over time. For the most accurate and up-to-date information, it's advisable to consult the official Polish government website or relevant Polish consulate or embassy or Talk to our experts.