Croatia Visa Details

  • Home
  • Croatia Details

As of our last update, Croatia offers various types of work and residence permits to non-EU/EEA nationals based on their employment or other circumstances. Here's a brief overview of some of the types of work permits available:


1.Work and Stay Permit (combined permit): For non-EU/EEA nationals who have received a job offer in Croatia. This permit combines both residence and work permissions. The employer typically initiates the process, but there's often a labor market test where the employer must prove that there isn't a Croatian or EU/EEA national who can fill the position.

2.EU Blue Card: Aimed at highly qualified non-EU/EEA nationals. To qualify, one usually needs higher professional qualifications (a diploma, for example) and a job offer with a salary above a certain threshold.

3.Stay and Work Permit for Seasonal Work: Specifically for non-EU/EEA nationals who intend to work in Croatia on a seasonal basis, such as in agriculture or tourism.

4.Stay and Work Permit for Posted Workers: For workers who are being posted to Croatia by their employer based in another country.

5.Stay and Work Permit for Independent Activities: For individuals intending to start a business or self-employment in Croatia.

6.Stay and Work Permit for the Digital Nomads: Introduced more recently, this permit allows digital nomads to live and work in Croatia for a temporary period. Applicants should prove that they work remotely and don't provide services to Croatian companies.

7.Stay and Work Permit for Intra-Corporate Transfer: For non-EU/EEA nationals who are transferred from a company in a non-EU country to its branch or affiliate in Croatia.

8.Students and Researchers: Non-EU/EEA students and researchers might have the right to work for a limited number of hours per week/year without requiring a separate work permit.



If you or someone you know is considering working in Croatia, I would strongly recommend checking the latest guidelines from the Croatia government or consulting with an immigration lawyer or expert who can provide guidance specific to the individual's situation or Talk to our experts.